General Remarks...

Welcome to Lantern Forest


This blog has been created to archive the combined creative efforts of Willoughby Sprig, a folk inspired music duo from Indiana. We invite you to explore and enjoy the blog, and we hope you will check back for new posts and updates.


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tweed Thumb Piano Case DIY


Here is a case which I just completed for my thump piano/kalimba. I covered it in tweed, which is the next most essential thing to human survival. Water, Food, Shelter,...Tweed.


The case itself is a recycled cigar box which I was given for free. It was warped in the lid and I managed to reshape this by steaming it as well as cutting out the crowns with a band saw. The inside is covered in red satin which is a sad attempt at tongue- in- cheek musician's humor. It's a sort of a " Now this isn't just any Stradivarius or Guarneri. Its a Thumb Piano. No questions asked."















-CB

No comments:

Post a Comment